Monday, October 27, 2014

More Late Oct. Wet Things

These things are not the things they were in my head. But now they exist outside my head. Hooray, existence.

Midnight Salvaged Sunflowers (formerly horrific shells). Probably a layer. 



Stairway to Heaven (in Arches). Probably a layer. 



Hiking the Hermit Trail in the Grand Canyon National Park. Maybe a fifth layer. I like it more now at least. Probably (shock) a layer. 


It's weird how little I can like these as products and how good I can feel painting at the same time. It's like a car aficionado keying a car and then going to hang out with his mechanic buddies and being like, "Yeah, I feel good, I worked on a car today. Something magic about working with your hands." There is, though. Something about making a thing that exists in time and space. 

No comments:

Post a Comment