Sunday, October 26, 2014

Wet Stuff, Late October '14

I like to work on at least six paintings in a go because it takes time and energy to get out and put away the gunk. But it's typical for me to only feel I've found the soul of one painting in a work block. This is the one.



The others, I feel like there's a block of matter between the world and the painting and I have to chip it away with brushstrokes. And I have some ideas, but I have other work to do and this is more self-care in the sense that I can't do anything else if I don't do art.


 





Someday I will sign things again. This doesn't feel like an era of signing. I don't know what to sign. Everybody go away and leave me alone but first look at my art that is not mine... It's better with grain, you can't see the grain in photos, and so we're not really living in the era of mechanically reproducible art after all but I don't have the heart to hold it against Benjamin.


No comments:

Post a Comment